Last updated: 1st December 2020 (first published 11th April 2018)
Edinburgh Festival of Cycling Ltd (a not for profit social enterprise company limited by guarantee without share capital registration No. SC442447) hereafter known as EdFoC.
These are the type of personal information we collect.
We currently collect and process the following information.
From Ticket buyers:
- e-mail addresses
From Hirers of the cargo bike:
- e-mail addresses
- phone number
- age of the rider
- IP addresses from which web request sent
From visitors to the website https://edfoc.org.uk/:
How we get personal information and why we have it.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You are buying tickets for an event directly organised by EdFoC
- You are hiring the EdFoC cargo bike
- You have visited our website
- We use the information that you have given us in order to:
Identify ticket holders at events:
- Inform ticket holders if there are any changes to the event
- Postcode information may be used on its own to create distribution maps to inform us about the distribution of our customers
When hiring the cargo bike:
- we need to know that the hirer addresses for insurance reasons
- have contact details to inform the hirer of any changes to the hire
- we need to know that the riders of the bike are above the legal age for riding an e-bike
- We collect the IP addresses of people contacting us via the website for security reasons and to be able to prevent spamming.
When visiting the website https://edfoc.org.uk/:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us here
(b) We have a contractual obligation. We need to know who you are to be able to provide our services to you.
(c) We have a legitimate interest. We need to know who you are to be able to provide our services to you.
How we store your personal information
Your digital data is stored on secure servers in the UK and EU. Details of ticket bookings are printed for box office use hours before the event and securely shredded following the event. No other paper records are retained.
Your data protection rights.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us here if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us here.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk