Women’s Cycle Forum
Women are changing the narrative, and not just in cycling. After last year’s successful launch, the Women’s Cycle Forum is back for an evening of discussion, inspiration and networking open to all. This year we’ll be hearing from women from successful campaigns about how they ‘changed the record’ and make a difference to their worlds – and then consider together how we can build a better one of our own. Whether you ride a bike for transport, fun or sport, or work in cycling in any way, come ready to learn and to talk about what we can all do to make a difference across the cycling world. Come away inspired, informed – and challenged – to ‘build a better world‘.
- Alice Ferguson (Playing Out). Playing Out started from one deceptively simple, but transformative idea: why not close your road and let the children play? From there, up and down the country, streets have been transformed, and communities created.
- Ceris Aston (No More Page Three). Topless photos have been synonymous with the Sun newspaper since the 70s, but this January all that changed – and all because No More Page 3 started asking that ‘ that women be represented with respect in the newspaper, rather like men are’.
Round tables / panellists:
- Brenda Mitchell, CycleLaw Scotland & Road Share Campaign
- Abi Wingate, long-distance cycle tourer and cycling development officer
- Lizzie Reather, cycle campaigner
- Briana Pegado, president of the Edinburgh University Student Association
- Katja Leyendecker, Northumbria University and New Cycling
- Claire Connachan, Belles on Bikes
- Jan Brereton, Bikes Breaking Barriers
Tickets £5 Book you tickets here
Part of Woman on Wheels: