“One of the UK’s best cycling festivals”
The 2016 Edinburgh Festival of Cycling was run from 9—19 June.
- Take a look at the calendar of events.
- Want to be a part of it? Get in touch with us!
- Please tell us what you thought of the events you attended at the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling 2016
- We also need your feedback on the whole festival, help us make it even better!
Here are a few things that people said about the The Edinburgh Festival of Cycling in 2015:
- “Probably the best cycling festival I’ve come across. Wish I could have participated in more“
- “Really felt like there was a cycling “buzz” around the city, i only participated in a couple of things but i saw other people doing stuff, and heard a lot about it on social media. good stuff!“
- “Really enjoyed the festival. Look forward to next year!“
The festival was first run in 2013. In 2014 it offered over 80 individual events at 46 different venues, with around 5,000 people from around the world participating. In 2015, the festival was extended and ran from 11th to 26th June so that we could fit in even more events!
City of Festivals
Edinburgh prides itself on being the City of Festivals. There are festivals for The Arts (and their attendant Fringe), Books, Films, Science, and even Storytelling. Edinburgh also has ambitions to be a Cycling City. It was the first UK city to sign the Charter of Brussels and is currently committing 8% of the city’s transport budget to cycling. We feel this is a good time to hold an Edinburgh Festival of Cycling.
As a proper Edinburgh style festival, the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling runs for over a week (the first year for nine days, and from the second year onward for 10 days), it is a real showcase for all aspects of cycle culture and the City of Edinburgh. It aims to challenge peoples perceptions of what cycling is and to put Edinburgh on the international map as a cycling city.
Featuring a wide range of events: from rides (sporty and otherwise), to family activities, to a range of cultural events, the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling truly has something for everyone!
Are you interested in hiring our Urban Arrow cargo bike? Find out more about hiring it here.
Supporters & Sponsors
The following organisations are supporters and sponsors of The Edinburgh Festival of Cycling 2016:
|Principal Supporters 2016|
|Gold Supporters 2016|
|Silver Supporters 2016|
|Bronze Supporters 2016|
|Carbon Financial Partners|
— — — — — — —
Partner organisations 2016.